Electroluminescence (EL) is an electrical phenomenon in which a material emits light when electricity is passed through it. Electroluminescent devices are actually lamps but instead of creating light by heating a filament, EL relies on phosphorescent materials which glow when exposed to a small electrical current.
EL lamps are extreme thin (0.1 – 0.6 mm), very flexible, with a high light intensity, are long living with up to 10000 hours and have a low power usage.They can be produced in a range of colors with green to blue-green being easiest and brightest, and a pure white being the most difficult. The light is very smooth and appealing to the spectator’s eye even at close distance.
EL finds usage in many applications such as regular or irregular backlighting for every kind of device, as a display for advertisement or interior design, backlight of keypad and even as a dashboard or design element in automobile.
Do you have a new idea how to use electroluminescent technology in your product? Contact us and work together with our designers to make your idea possible!
- Thin (0.1-0.6mm), flexible, lightweight profile
- Smooth and bright light intensity
- High longevity and durability (up to 10000hrs)
- Low power consumption
- Cold to the touch, no heat generation
- Cost competitive
- Heat, vibration and mechanical shock resistant
- Performance is not affected by power cycling
- Color options
Take a look at our products:
- New Technology Release! Flexible Touch Sensor
We proudly announce to provide our customers our new innovative product – The Flexible Touch Sensor.Read More
- Cochief X 2016 CES Las Vegas, NV
Cochief goes America! We've visited the CES 2016 in Las Vegas. Click here to see some pictures.Read More
- Cochief X 2016 OPTO Taiwan
As every year we've visited the OPTO 2016 exhibition in Taiwan.Read More